Did you ever hear about sulforaphane? If not, then it's time to know more and spread the news! 🥦
I've never heard about it either until about two months ago when I was listening to an episode of a fantastic podcast (which I highly recommend to listen to if you are interested in nutrition and health).
Dr. Rhonda Patrick, Ph.D. frequently engages the public on topics including the role micronutrient deficiencies play in diseases of aging, the role of genetics in determining the effects of nutrients on a person's health, the benefits of exposing the body to hormetic stressors, such as exercise, fasting, sauna use or heat stress, or various forms of cold exposure, and the importance of mindfulness, stress reduction, and sleep.
She mentioned sulforaphane during several episodes, but the information just didn't click with me until one point when I said to myself that this has to be very important knowledge if a scientist is trying so hard to raise awareness around the subject.
And I began to research and to my surprise, I've found that sulforaphane antioxidants are indeed one of the most powerful ways to ‘waken’ your body and create a strong, resilient and active natural system defense.
The sulforaphane benefits are numerous and have been extensively researched lately.
Evidence of its properties is continually building regarding the huge range of impressive potential benefits for your health.
Therefore, if you are curious, here are the 25 insanely powerful sulforaphane benefits:
1. Sulforaphane Protects the Gastrointestinal Tract (GI)
2. Sulforaphane Promotes Healthy Skin
3. Sulforaphane Improves Immune System Function
4. Sulforaphane Promotes Weight Loss
5. Sulforaphane Encourages Fully Body Detoxification
6. Sulforaphane Reduces Autoimmune/General Inflammation
7. Sulforaphane Promotes Hair Growth
8. Sulforaphane Supports Healthy Liver Function
9. Sulforaphane Combats Cancer
10. Sulforaphane Lowers Bad Cholesterol
11. Sulforaphane Reduces the Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
12. Sulforaphane Helps Control Diabetes
13. Sulforaphane Acts as an Antiviral
14. Sulforaphane Fights Fungal and Bacterial Infections
15. Sulforaphane Slows Down Degenerative Disorders
16. Sulforaphane Turbocharges Cognitive Function
17. Sulforaphane Combats Depression/Anxiety
18. Sulforaphane Can Reduce the Symptoms of Autism
19. Sulforaphane May Help Asthma Sufferers
20. Sulforaphane Alleviates Bladder Dysfunction
21. Sulforaphane Promotes Healthy Eye Function
22. Sulforaphane is Great for Bone Formation + Density
23. Sulforaphane Improves Arthritis Symptoms
24. Sulforaphane Shields the Kidneys from Disease
25. Sulforaphane Facilitates a Healthy Pregnancy
And here is the list of foods high in sulforaphane:
- Brussels Sprouts
- Broccoli Raab
- Broccoli Sprouts
- Cabbage (Red & Savoy)
- Bok Choy
- Collard Greens
- Chinese Broccoli
Stay curious, healthy and happy!